Feed at the rate of 15 g daily or as directed by your Veterinarian or Nutritionist.
1 scoop = approximately 15 g (included)
This Poly Copper supplement is coated with polysaccharide, which protects it from being released until it reaches the digestive site where it is most effectively absorbed for maximum bioavailability .
Copper is a micromineral, and one of the most important trace minerals for the horse. A critical element in many important metabolic pathways in horses, Copper is necessary for:
- The production of connective tissue including tendons, ligaments, cartilage and bone
- Elastin formation
- Pigment formation
- Immune system function
Copper deficiency can occur for many reasons
1) Insufficient intake
2) Low Copper values in soil, forage and/or ration
3) Interactions with other antagonistic minerals:
- At the root level in pasture, with Zinc and Iron
- Within the horse, with Zinc, Iron, Cadmium, Arsenic, Molybdenum and/or Sulphates
As a component of many enzyme systems, Copper is also involved in making Iron available to the body for blood, in proper nerve signaling and repairing free radical damage.